amd64 module of linuxolator

Divacky Roman xdivac02 at stud.fit.vutbr.cz
Sat Jun 17 08:21:15 UTC 2006

On Fri, Jun 16, 2006 at 01:24:03AM +0400, Yuri Pankov wrote:
> On Fri, 2006-06-16 at 00:13 +0400, Boris Samorodov wrote:
> > On Thu, 15 Jun 2006 14:05:53 +0400 Yuri Pankov wrote:
> >
> > > Actually, i wasn't able to test it, cause the only port i use -
> > > linux-ePSXe - doesn't run without linprocfs and it's not available as
> > > module now.
> >
> > Linprocfs is available to auto/manual mounting after installing
> > default linux base port. Linux_base-fc4 is preferred now as it may
> > become a default linux base port soon. Pay attention on the messages
> > after installing the port.
> >

> > WBR
>
> I do pay attention to the messages when installing the fc-4 port, but
> there's no linprocfs.ko with the patch provided by Roman, so I'm unable
> to kldload it..

looking at the linprocfs/Makefile I dont see any reason why it shouldnt build
on amd64, you try by "cd /sys/modules/linprocfs && make". I dont have amd64 atm
and I want to focus on UNIMPL && messages + TLS now...

anyway - the linprocfs and linuxolator are separate issues. do you guys think
that the amd64 modul is "ok enough" to be commited?

roman