running MacOS-X i386 binaries on FreeBSD?

Axel Auweter auweter at informatik.tu-muenchen.de
Thu Jun 15 18:30:12 UTC 2006

Hi,

Mikhail Teterin wrote:

>четвер 15 червень 2006 14:01, Axel Auweter написав:
>

>I was more thinking on providing the kernel support to run Apple's own
>(binary) Cocoa and Carbon.

Yes, a possible use of it would be to simply replace the XNU kernel with
a FreeBSD kernel (or to have a Darwin / MacOS userland running in
parallel of your FreeBSD apps). But unfortunately, like Andrew Reily has
said, you need a lot more than just loading Mach-O binary files (IOKit,
Mach messaging, ...).

>WINE, after all, can (or is supposed to be able to) use native windows system
>DLLs. I thought, it would only be easier with MacOS-X...

Without knowing too much about Wine, I'd say it is probably the about
the same difficulty. And we all know how that wine wasn't developed
within a few weeks... :-(

bye,
Axel