amd64 module of linuxolator

Thu Jun 15 07:47:42 UTC 2006

Quoting Yuri Pankov <yuri.pankov at gmail.com> (from Wed, 14 Jun 2006
12:00:35 +0400):

> Tested on today's -CURRENT.
>
> Without 'options COMPAT_IA32' it errors with:
> kldload: Unsupported file type
> link_elf_obj: symbol elf32_insert_brand_entry undefined
>
> When COMPAT_IA32 is added back to kernel config, module loads without
> problems:
> Id Refs Address            Size     Name
>  1    5 0xffffffff80100000 5c2600   kernel
>  2    1 0xffffffffae045000 135f8    linux.ko

This is expected. You need the 32bit compatibility in your kernel,
else it will not work. We need to document this in the man-page when
it hits the tree.

I assume it not only loads, but also works...

> COMPAT_43 is commented out in both cases.

We don't depend on COMPAT_43 anymore.

\me is adding "remove COMPAT_43 from GENERIC" to his TODO list.

Selling GoodYear Eagle F1 235/40ZR18, 2x 4mm + 2x 5mm, ~150 EUR
you have to pick it up between Germany/Saarland and Luxembourg/Capellen