Gentoo compat /dev/null: No such file or directory

Fri Jun 2 01:15:59 PDT 2006

Quoting Andrei Kolu <antik at bsd.ee> (from Thu, 1 Jun 2006 23:03:40 +0300):

> Ühel kenal päeval (neljapäev 01 juuni 2006 10:47 pm) kirjutasid sa:
>> devfs onto /compat/linux/dev
>
> # mkdir /compat/linux/dev
> # mknod /compat/linux/dev/null c 2 2
> # chmod 666 /compat/linux/dev/null
> # mount -t devfs devfs /compat/linux/dev

Forget about the mknod invocation, it's not necessary. My mounting
devfs on top on this directory, you hide the created device node.
Apart from this, device nodes created with mknod don't work anymore,
you have to use a real devfs.

Selling GoodYear Eagle F1 235/40ZR18, 2x 4mm + 2x 5mm, ~150 EUR
you have to pick it up between Germany/Saarland and Luxembourg/Capellen