Bugs in the current linux-bits

Wed Jan 25 01:42:53 PST 2006

Hi,

1. INSTALLS_SHLIB in the LINUX case (bsd.port.mk) needs to chroot to
LINUXBASE, e.g. by adding "-r ${LINUXBASE}" to the ldconfig call, else it
may include some FreeBSD libs.

2. the linux-rpm mk file doesn't list emulation@ as the maintainer.

3. all linux ports which install a library into LINUXBASE need to run the
linux ldconfig program (either by hand, or by using "INSTALL_SHLIB=YES"
(preferred, since it adds corresponding plist entries).

I try to get time in the evening to submit a PR to portmgr regarding 1 and it
would be nice if you (Jean-Yves) could fix 2. Everyone else is free to submit
patches for 3, but please add a note to not commit this, until bsd.port.mk is
fixed (in case a committer who hasn't read this wants to commit the patch).

This (1 and 3) is in preparation to remove the call to the linux ldconfig
program in /etc/rc.d/abi in the linux_enable="YES" case (which fails if
LINUXBASE is mounted read-only).

Please, won't somebody tell me what diddie-wa-diddie means?