linuxolator: amd64 Linux Test Project failures

Divacky Roman xdivac02 at stud.fit.vutbr.cz
Sun Dec 31 06:24:16 PST 2006

On Sun, Dec 31, 2006 at 02:42:57PM +0100, Alexander Leidinger wrote:
> Quoting "Scot Hetzel" <swhetzel at gmail.com> (Sat, 30 Dec 2006 21:55:37 -0600):
>
> > I think I found the problem,  I had wrongly assumed that the code was
> > using (char *)-1 as the address to pass to the function.  Instead the
> > code in access03, is using mmap to assign an address to variable
> > bad_address.
> >
> > Below is the test program that shows that the problem is in mmap.
>
> http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-emulation/2006-September/002625.html

I guess what alexander wanted to say is that you should test the mmap patch
that got commited to i386 mmap (see
http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/cvsweb.cgi/src/sys/i386/linux/linux_machdep.c.diff?r1=1.55&r2=1.56)

and apply that to amd64 mmap and see if that fixes the issue you see..

pls do that and inform us

thnx

roman