linuxolator: amd64 Linux Test Project failures

Scot Hetzel swhetzel at gmail.com
Fri Dec 29 09:36:37 PST 2006

I'm seeing similar failures on these functions when running the
ltp-20061222 tests on amd64:

linux_[access, chdir, chmod, chown, chroot, creat, lchown, link,
lstat, mkdir, mkdirat, mknod, rename, rmdir, stat, statfs, symlink,
truncate, unlink]

The problem is that the ltp tests are passing in a negative value for
the path into the functions, and is expection a return value of
EFAULT.  Instead they are returning with (i.e access03):

access((char *)-1,R_OK) failed with errno 2 : No such file or
directory but expected 14 (EFAULT)

I added a printf before the LCONVPATHEXIST macro:

        printf(ARGS(access, "Checking if path [%p/%p] exists"), (char
*) -1, &args->path);
        LCONVPATHEXIST(td, args->path, &path);

and it resulted in the following output:

Dec 29 03:32:32 hp010 kernel: linux(1259): access(Checking if path
[0xffffffffffffffff/0xffffffffa31f2be0] exists)

Did I print the correct pointer value for args->path, as it is
supposed to be -1 (0xffffffffffffffff)?

If we can figure out what is causing this, it would fix ~24 of the LTP
test failures on amd64.

Scot
--
DISCLAIMER:
No electrons were mamed while sending this message. Only slightly bruised.