Overlong mailing-list maintainer address in ports

Andrew Pantyukhin infofarmer at FreeBSD.org
Sat Dec 23 12:34:51 PST 2006

On 12/23/06, Boris Samorodov <bsam at ipt.ru> wrote:
> On Sat, 23 Dec 2006 22:03:06 +0300 Andrew Pantyukhin wrote:
>
> > It is by tradition that we use shorter unambiguous
> > mailing-list addresses as port's maintainers ad-
> > dresses. There are several ports with the following
> > long addresses in the collection:
>
> > freebsd-emulation at FreeBSD.org
> > freebsd-eclipse at FreeBSD.org
> > freebsd-ia64 at FreeBSD.org
>
> > Please change them to their counterparts without
> > the "freebsd-" prefix, give me a go-ahead if you
> > want me to change them, leave this message unan-
> > swered if you don't care (I'll change them after a
> > time-out), or speak up if you have anything against
> > the change.
>
> Since I've seen many commits to GNATS last months to change
> those addresses to canonical names (freebsd-*), it seems to
> me that current policy is quite the opposite.

Do you mean problem reports?

Please understand that with over 5600 ports pointing to
FreeBSD mailing-lists just "many" may not be enough. Of
them all only 43 have "freebsd-"-prefixed addresses.