panic when running acroread on recent -CURRENT/amd64

Divacky Roman xdivac02 at stud.fit.vutbr.cz
Sun Aug 20 08:14:29 UTC 2006

On Sun, Aug 20, 2006 at 04:53:37AM +0400, Boris Samorodov wrote:
> On Sat, 19 Aug 2006 14:38:37 +0200 Divacky Roman wrote:

> > > I'd vote for 2).
> > >
> > > Roman, I have an amd64 machine to test your patches.
>
> > www.stud.fit.vutbr.cz/~xdivac02/amd64.patch
>
> > pls tell me if this works (it WONT work with 2.6 kernel because we lack the MD parts)
>
> OK, I managed to test the patch on -current amd64. So far I tried
> acroread, linux-firefox and linux-opera. All of them are core dumping
> when start. It's a little bit better than without the patch when the
> system just reboots.

with 2.4 emulation all programs coredump? can you please compile -DDEBUG linuxolator
and send me (I'd prefer you put it on some web or somethign...) the debug output?

> BTW, after applying the patch I did only make kernel. Seems that it's
> enough. How can I do it faster? Maybe compile/install a linux kernel
> module?

for kernel module you need some patches which are not in -current, just apply
http://perforce.freebsd.org/fileDiffView.cgi?FSPC=//depot/projects/soc2006/rdivacky%5flinuxolator/kern/link%5felf%5fobj.c&REV=2&ACT=edit

and "cd /sys/modules/linux && make -DDEBUG && make install" then plain kldload linux should work
but pls dont forget to -DDEBUG

thnx

roman