cvs commit: ports/ftp Makefile ports/ftp/linux-curl Makefile distinfo.i386

Boris Samorodov bsam at ipt.ru
Mon Aug 7 00:04:20 UTC 2006

On Sun, 6 Aug 2006 17:45:43 -0500 Jose Alonso Cardenas Marquez wrote:
> On Sun, 06 Aug 2006 15:15:08 +0400
> Boris Samorodov <bsam at ipt.ru> wrote:

> > Here are some more comments:
> >
> > 1. linux-curl
> >
> > - portrevision is not bumpted while the package is definitely changed
> >   (at list the binary is branded); (this question is not only
> >   for this port only)
> >
> > - can you descrtibe why did you decide to use @dirrmtry and not @dirrm
> >   to usr/share/doc/curl-7.13.1 directory (I speek about only the
> >   document directories here)? (this question is not only for this port
> >   only)

> I fixed linux-curl/pkg-plist file and i bumped PORTVERSION on
> linux-curl, linux-openssl and linux-e2fsprogs.

Great!

> > 2. security/linux-krb5-libs
> >
> > Netchild and I agreed to install config files to linux etc directory
> > after renaming them to *.dist (ex. etc/nsswitch.conf at linux_base-fc4
> > port).
> >
> > That gives a user a good example and don't override the real
> > config (if any). And how to deal with real config file (i.e. install a
> > symlink while installing or remove it while deletting the port) you
> > may see at linux_base_fc4 pkg-install and pkg-plist files.
> >
> > BTW, maybe it's a right thing to create a symlink to the real FreeBSD
> > kerberos configuration file (if any).

> I added pkg-install file and i made some changes on pkg-plist and
> Makefile files. Also i made a patch file for integrate linux-krb5-libs

Why did you use @dirrmtry at security/linux-krb5-libs/pkg-plist? ;-)
Actually, it seems to me that when in doubt you prefer to use @dirrmty
macro. I'd say that it should be quite the opposite. This macro should
be used only when you are sure that those directories are shared
between ports and there is no (so to say) "master port" which deals
with those directories. My opinion is to use @dirrmtry with care...

> into linux_base-fc4. you can see all these changes at:

> http://hellfire.no-ip.org/ports/

> I tested all my linux-ports on TB without problems. Please, can you
> take a look of linux_base-fc4.diff file?

Good work! And here are some comments:
- you didn't show a diff for the distinfo;
- portrevision is not bumpted; ;-)
- at pkg-install script only empty directories are created, so there
  is no need to create a usr/kerberos one;
- assume that you didn't check linux_base-fc4.diff file on TB, because
  I can't manage to find a line with "@dirrm usr/kerberos" at the
  plist file.

Other than that seems OK. May be Alexander has something to add.
Thanks!

WBR
--
Boris Samorodov (bsam)