vmware3 on FreeBSD 6 and raw disks?

Josef Karthauser joe at FreeBSD.org
Fri Apr 21 09:15:39 UTC 2006

For the record, I now know why raw disks don't work for FreeBSD 6
any more.  The code that was put in the linuxlator to gloss over
the fact that linux drives are block devices, but that we don't
have block devices any more, was disabled in sys/compat/linux/linux_stats.c
by phk on 15-Mar-05!  I'll try and get it reinstated.

Joe