Can USB be used under Linux emulation?

Tuc at T-B-O-H ml at t-b-o-h.net
Tue Apr 18 18:10:47 UTC 2006

> Tuc at T-B-O-H wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> >         I'm trying to install a driver for a Dell 720 printer with only a
> > Linux driver into my printing subsystem... How can I use USB under the
> > Linux emulation?
>
> Don't you keep asking this question?

	Yes, sorry, unfortunately I can't find an answer on the web and
I don't get a reply here.

> I don't know what you mean by driver, but if it's a ppd file, then
> that's a cups printing thing, not FreeBSD.

	No, its not only a PPD. There is a filter, few libraries
 and a backend.

> If it's a hardware driver,
> then that won't work on FreeBSD, since the emulation doesn't use linux
> kernel modules.

	Yes, its a hardware driver . It uses the Lexmark Z600 driver,
which seems to need access to something like :

/dev/usb/lp0
/proc/bus/usb/devices
/dev/usb/lpX
/dev/usb/usblpX