kqemu, FreeBSD, and virtual filesystem

Lyubich, M lyubich-freebsd1 at gmx.net
Wed Sep 21 09:26:07 PDT 2005

Hello,

My question relates to accelerator KQEMU and how it should be configured
for FreeBSD.

The documentation on the Fabrice's site
http://fabrice.bellard.free.fr/qemu/kqemu-doc.html

states that:

"When using KQEMU on a Linux or FreeBSD host, QEMU will create a big
hidden file containing the RAM of the virtual machine. For best
performance, it is important that this file is kept in RAM and not on
the hard disk. ..... You can use the QEMU_TMPDIR shell variable to set a
new directory for the QEMU RAM file."

Applying this to freebsd, does it mean that I have to use mdconfig +
newfs to create new filesystem and then setenv QEMU_TMPDIR=/dev/md0?

Regards,
Lyubich,M.