vmware2 on 5.4-R does not working

Die Bestie bestie at cream.plala.or.jp
Sat Sep 17 02:02:47 PDT 2005

I wrote in jun 20:
> I can't to work vmware2 on 5.4-R.  When I was using 4.10-R, vmware2
> was working without a trouble,
(snip)
> BIOS messages appeared after power on the vm, but guest OS does not
> start the boot, and the system performance slow down. (ex. the
> responce of mouse cursor become very wrong)

The solution for this trouble is to use a kernel without "device apic".

One of hints I found:
http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-emulation/2005-January/000778.html

#I solved this trouble and report to freebsd-users-jp in july 2005.
 But a non-japanese ask me about this trouble so I report to this list
 too.

Thanks.
--
Die Bestie