Porting linux-wine

Thu Oct 27 01:00:26 PDT 2005

Ulrich Spoerlein <q at galgenberg.net> wrote:

> as you can see from the port Makefile, I'm calling brandelf on all
> binaries and
> libs.

Searching on freshports for wine or galgenberg doesn't reveal a wine port...
so what port are we talking about?

> % file /compat/linux/usr/lib/libwine.so.1; brandelf
> /compat/linux/usr/lib/libwine.so.1
> /compat/linux/usr/lib/libwine.so.1: ELF 32-bit LSB shared object,
> Intel 80386, version 1 (GNU/Linux), not stripped
> File '/compat/linux/usr/lib/libwine.so.1' is of brand 'Linux' (3).

Does libwine load plugins? What kind of branding do they have? Depends
libwine upon another lib and the error message is misleading (prints the
wrong lib)? Maybe it's not a problem of your port, but a problem somewhere
else (linux_base/whatever).

I don't have an answer for the problem, I just can tell what you have to
search to solve the problem.

We're only in it for the volume.
		-- Black Sabbath