Porting linux-wine

Wed Oct 26 06:07:17 PDT 2005

Ulrich Spoerlein <q at galgenberg.net> wrote:

> /compat/linux/usr/bin/wine: error while loading shared libraries:
> /usr/lib/libwine.so.1: ELF file OS ABI invalid
>
> Note that, ktracing this process reveals, it is trying to load
> /compat/usr/lib/libwine, so this is ok (I fiddled with LD_LIBRARY_PATH

I assume a typo (missing "linux" in the path).

> before, and got the same result).

Do a "brandelf <exe or lib>" on the lib an on the wine executable (on the ELF
binary, in case "wine" is a shell wrapper). If they don't agree regarding the
ELF ABI, you have to fix the wrong one up ("brandelf -t Linux <exe or lib>".

All programmers are playwrights and all computers are lousy actors.