ELF file OS ABI invalid error

Kevin Oberman oberman at es.net
Tue Oct 18 09:48:39 PDT 2005

I recently upgraded my desktop from 4.11 to 6.0Bets5. At the same time,
I updated all of my ports, so I am now running linux_base-8 and all
packages depending on it have been re-installed.

Now I am unable to run my Oracle "Corporate Time" calendar. IT has
always worked with 4.11 and it works on another system of mine running
7.0 as of Aug. 11. (Note that this is simply a client. I am not running
Oracle and the server is remote.)

Now when I try to run it, I get the error:
/usr/compat/linux/bin/CorporateTime//Ctime: error while loading shared libraries: /usr/compat/linux/bin/CorporateTime/libctvcal.so: ELF file OS ABI invalid
Exit 127

Any idea on what I might need to do? Am I doing something wrong or is it
a bug that I should submit a PR for?

Thanks,
--
R. Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer