FreeBSD Port: graphics/linux-tiff

Alexander Leidinger netchild at FreeBSD.org
Tue Nov 22 06:05:26 PST 2005

Richmond Felix <xilef at candw.lc> wrote:

> I've been trying to upgrade  graphics/linux-tiff on FreeBSD 6.0
> release and linux_base-rh-9/. After consistent failures with
> portupgrade, I decided to deinstall and then reinstall the port. I
> get the following error.

> ===>  Checking if graphics/linux-tiff already installed
> libtiff-3.6.1-10.fc3.i386.rpm
> package libtiff-3.6.1-47.6 (which is newer than libtiff-3.6.1-10.fc3)
> is already installed

Add a "--force" to the line which contains "--replacepkgs" in
x11-toolkits/linux-gtk/Makefile (I forgot to commit this) and portupgrade
again.

> brandelf: error opening file /compat/linux/usr/bin/fax2ps: No such
> file or directory

> I've found the path the installation scrip is looking for in
> "/usr/local/bin/" and not "/compat/linux/usr/bin/" do I need to
> configure a conf file to pointt it there or use a symbolic link.

No, it failed to installl the new libtiff rpm, so it wasn't able to find the
files.

http://www.Leidinger.net/     Alexander @ Leidinger.net: PGP ID = B0063FE7
http://www.FreeBSD.org/        netchild @ FreeBSD.org  : PGP ID = 72077137
The best shots happen immediately after the last
frame is exposed.