how to get VMWare2 to work on 6.0-R (Unable to fix standard file descriptors)

gwk at rahn-koltermann.de gwk at rahn-koltermann.de
Fri Nov 18 05:41:10 PST 2005

Hi,

after upgrading to 6.0-R recently I am having trouble with VMWare2.

First problem: it doesn't compile.  Well, after some research on the web and
borrowing from VMWare3 patches fbsd6-1.patch and fbsd6-2.patch I came up with the attached diffs that made it compile.

Second problem: it won't run.  The error message is "Unable to fix standard file descriptors."

Period.

Any ideas?  Is it working for anyone else out there?

--
Regards,
Georg.