linux-* pkg-plist errors

Sun Mar 27 01:24:35 PST 2005

On Sat, 26 Mar 2005 18:24:18 -0800
Kris Kennaway <kris at obsecurity.org> wrote:

> I will be marking these ports BROKEN in 2 weeks if they still have
> plist errors at that time.  I hope there is an interested party who
> can fix them before then :)

Do I have approval to commit fixes (I try to get time to fix some today
and tomorrow)?

On a related issue: There was a commit which removed USE_LINUX=yes from
a lot of ports (>100) to be able to use alternative linux_base ports.
This results in the possibility to use e.g. linux_base-rh-9, but it also
discards dependency information. I like to backout this commit and solve
the feature request by checking for a OVERRIDE_DEFAULT_LINUX_BASE knob
in the USE_LINUX case in bsd.port.mk. Do I get the approval for this too?

            Secret hacker rule #11: hackers read manuals.