linux-tiff port update

Ian Moore no-spam at swiftdsl.com.au
Tue Mar 1 22:12:46 PST 2005

On Sat, 26 Feb 2005 22:16, Alexander Leidinger wrote:
> On Sat, 19 Feb 2005 11:56:59 +1030
>
> Ian Moore <no-spam at swiftdsl.com.au> wrote:
> > Hi,
> > The linux-tiff port seems to have a security vunerablility for quite some
> > time now. Is a new version due sometime soon, or has it perhaps been made
>
> Can you point me please to the vulnerabilities (and perhaps newer RPMs)?
>
> I've just looked for a new update at the suse ftp site, but can' find a
> newer version.
>
> Bye,
> Alexander.

Yay - it is indeed fixed!
Thanks very much for clearing that up for me - I kept thinking for ages that
the maintainer would be aware of the vunerablilities & fix it as soon as they
could.
Maybe in future I shouldn't wait so long...
Hey - there's a vunerability in port x and it's been there for 2 hours - what
the hell's going on!!!
...Well, maybe not  :-)

Cheers,
--