Linking linux libs

Dan Nelson dnelson at allantgroup.com
Mon Jul 11 18:32:43 GMT 2005

In the last episode (Jul 11), Jim Bodkikns (Dakotacom) said:
>   A linux emulation question.
>
>   I suspect I know the answer to this, but what about linking to
> vendor supplied linux libs? (A vendor product that is provided in the
> form of libraries that are linked into your apps).

As long as you compile and link using linux gcc and ld to generate a
Linux executable, it'll work.  Don't try and link a Linux library into
a FreeBSD executable, though, unless the ABI is very simple.  For
example, a standalone crypto module that takes a buffer and a key would
probably work; anything that tries to do any stdio or call libc
functions that pass structures won't.

--
	Dan Nelson
	dnelson at allantgroup.com