Acroread7 and nss ldap

Gerhard Schmidt estartu at augusta.de
Tue Jul 5 14:06:20 GMT 2005

On Tue, Jul 05, 2005 at 12:52:58PM +0200, Alexander Leidinger wrote:
> On Tue, 5 Jul 2005 08:20:28 +0200
> Gerhard Schmidt <estartu at augusta.de> wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I have several FreeBSD workstation running with a ldap server as usersource.
> > everything work fine, except acroread7. It complains about
> > (acroread:2946): GLib-WARNING **: getpwuid_r(): failed due to unknown user id (1505)
> > After this warning acroread terminated.
> [...]
> > What can I do to get acroread7 running without haven passwd entries for
> > every user on every workstation
>
> Does /usr/ports/emulators/linux_base-8/pkg-message help you?

Nope it doesn't. I see that the ldap is queried for the passwd entry. I
have tried to add ldap to the nsswitch.conf in the linux emu but die
linux emu doesn't have a nssldap module.

Bye
	Estartu

Gerhard Schmidt    | Nick : estartu      IRC : Estartu  |
Fischbachweg 3     |                                    |  PGP Public Key
86856 Hiltenfingen | Privat: estartu at augusta.de         |   auf Anfrage/
Germany            |                                    |    on request