Many linux ports needing update to support amd64

Conrad J. Sabatier conrads at cox.net
Fri Jan 7 13:00:48 PST 2005

It seems the majority of Linux ports are still designated as
"ONLY_FOR_ARCHS=i386".  Now that we have 32-bit Linux emulation for
amd64, isn't it time we updated these ports to reflect this?

Yesterday I installed the new Realplayer 10 port, but it required a lot
of editing of dependent ports' Makefiles, which was quite tedious.  I
eventually got Realplayer installed, and it's working, but all this
manual fudging of Makefiles needs to be done away with.

Is anyone currently looking at this problem?

--
Conrad J. Sabatier <conrads at cox.net> -- "In Unix veritas"