seriously ? No answer ? Please alter the vmware3 port then. TIA.

user user at dhp.com
Mon Aug 29 13:54:17 GMT 2005

I wrote a week or so ago asking what the strategy for using vmware3 on
FreeBSD was, since vmware3 licenses are no longer for sale, and it will
not run without a license.

No answer.

My conclusion is that you either have to have already licensed a copy of
vmware3 (and most people at the vmware sales department, I have
discovered, have not even worked there long enough to have ever dealt with
vmware3) OR you need to run it illegally.

Please add a pre-installation blurb to the vmware3 port informing people
that they have no business even attempting to install it if they do not
already own a vmware3 license that they happened to purchase _years_ ago.

Thanks.