chroot'ed FreeBSD ia32 compat environment?

Vladimir Kushnir vkushnir at i.kiev.ua
Tue Aug 2 22:36:22 GMT 2005

Sorry if this is the wrong list or/and the question has been bitten to
death.

Just a suggestion: how feasible/desirable would be to put ia32
compatibility libraries/binaries/whatever into their own
/compat/freebsd32 like we do for Linux, instead of {/,/usr/}lib32? At
least this way we could use binary i386 packages (those that work anyway)
under 64 bit OS and never worry about hardcoded paths. So far they're
looking for libs in {...}/lib and naturally can't find them.

Regards,
Vladimir