ports/79655: linux_base-8 fails to install as non-root

David O'Brien obrien at FreeBSD.org
Wed Apr 27 08:50:24 PDT 2005

The following reply was made to PR ports/79655; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: "David O'Brien" <obrien at FreeBSD.org>
To: Alexander Leidinger <Alexander at Leidinger.net>
Cc: freebsd-gnats-submit at FreeBSD.org
Subject: Re: ports/79655: linux_base-8 fails to install as non-root
Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2005 08:45:16 -0700

 On Wed, Apr 27, 2005 at 12:19:02PM +0200, Alexander Leidinger wrote:
 > Greg Lewis <glewis at eyesbeyond.com> wrote:
 >
 > >One possible solution would be to only use ARCH to set these flags and
 > >then set a variable named LINUX_ARCH that could be used in the names
 > >of the RPM files, etc.  E.g. the above would become:
 > [changes]
 > >and all the other occurences of ${ARCH} would become ${TRUE_ARCH}.
 >
 > I don't have an amd64 machine to test this. And I haven't looked at the ARCH
 > issues, since David seems to have work in this area.
 >
 > I like to incorporate at least John's patch into my linux-mega-patch.

 I'd really like to see:

     -pre-install:
     +pre-su-install:

 committed right away.  I don't see a need to delay that fix.

 > If your proposal is orthogonal to David's work I can integrate it into
 > my mega patch (which is supposed to get a test run on the ports build
 > cluster) too.

 I'd really like to hold off on the rest of this patch until /usr/ports is
 totally unfrozen and we can do some ARCH clean ups that is needed.  Then
 we can have a good base to investigate issues from.

 --
 -- David  (obrien at FreeBSD.org)