RFC: cleanup of linux ports

Wed Apr 13 03:00:37 PDT 2005

Mark Linimon <linimon at lonesome.com> wrote:

> IMHO you should add an explanation of OVERRIDE_DEFAULT_LINUX_BASE
> to bsd.port.mk as well.

Initially I didn't thought it belongs to bsd.port.mk. It's noting a port is
allowed to set. If a port needs a different linux base, it should use
USE_LINUX=foo. I thought it more belongs into ports(7). But I just looked up
some variables from the man-page, and they are dokumented in bsd.port.mk, so
I will add a description.

> I am still looking over the patch.

You may notice, that I haven't bumped any PORTREVISION yet... I like to do
this before I commit the changes, since I have to verify them anyway then.

I've also noticed that I may have to look at some plists, maybe I need to
correct one or two.

In this world, truth can wait; she's used to it.