Linux_base

Francois Tigeot ftigeot at wolfpond.org
Mon Oct 18 01:53:55 PDT 2004

On Mon, Oct 18, 2004 at 04:22:28AM -0400, anthony ry wrote:

> I saw your post regarding linux_base. I am attempting to install it on
> 5.1.2 and getting an error:

I assume you mean 5.2.1/amd64.

> ===>  Installing for linux_base-7.1_7
> Linux mode is not enabled.
> kldload: can't load linux: No such file or directory
> The linux kernel module could not be loaded.
> Please enable linux mode manually and retry.
> *** Error code 1
>
> I have not added the KERNEL additions:
> >options         LINPROCFS
> >options         COMPAT_43
> >options         COMPAT_LINUX32
>
> Are those required in order to get linux_base installed?  I do have linux
> enabled via rc.conf.

Yes, they are needed. AFAIK 5.2.x doesn't support kernel modules.

> Any help would be appreciated.
>
> Also, Im getting an error in attempt to run an application. I believe this
> error is only because linux_base isnt working yet, but wanted to see if you
> had any ideas:
> [box at box] > ./program.bin
> ELF interpreter /compat/ia32/usr/libexec/ld-elf.so.1 not found
> Abort trap

I'm not sure for this one. There is a possibility the binary is a
FreeBSD/i386 one.

Anyway, you should be better off upgrading to the latest 5.3 beta and
posting directly to the mailing-lists in Cc. There are more knowledgeable
people than me lurking there.

--
Francois Tigeot