Are there step-by-step VMWare instructions? (giving up)

bsdfsse bsdfsse at optonline.net
Fri Oct 1 20:09:08 PDT 2004

I give up on trying to get VMWare 3.2 to work on either FreeBSD 4.x or
5.x.  Thank you to everyone who tried to help me.  After 5 full days of
trial and error on 3 machines, I think I can say it needs to be looked
at by a non-newby.

The only time I got it to run was with a 5.2-Release installation with
networking disabled (following Christian's docs).  Every other
configuration resulted in losing access to the hard-drive as soon as I
hit the VM's "Power On" button.

I might try again if there is a known working solution, but for now I
have to do a 6-week project on native Winblows.

I learned a ton, and wouldn't use any other OS on a server.  I hope to
run it on my desktop soon.

thx.