cannot open shared object file

nocturnal nocturnal at swehack.se
Mon Nov 1 01:01:03 PST 2004

Hi

I'm trying to get a Linux binary running on FreeBSD and i have the
source but i'm wondering if there is anything special i need to do when
i compile it because right now i'm getting an error about it not finding
libssl even though it is installed. With this e-mail i also wanted some
more support or help with linux compatibility, the handbook is usually
great but the part about this is very incomplete imo and sure it shows
how to install a bunch of well known programs but what about some
documentation on compiling and installing generic code written for linux?

This is almost like porting but i do belive that with the linux
compatibility mode i could make this application run on my freebsd
system. I was thinking maybe the INCLUDE directive in the makefile needs
to be changed but like isaid i'm not sure of anything because i lack
docs on this.
--

Med vänliga hälsningar

Stefan Midjich, Swebase AB