linux mmap2

Kenneth Culver culverk at sweetdreamsracing.biz
Thu Feb 26 07:00:08 PST 2004

Quoting Reid Linnemann <lreid at okstate.edu>:

> Hey all, I've got a little dilemma I need some hints with...
>
> I am running FreeBSD 4.9-STABLE, and trying to get a linux binary operating
> that uses mmap2. I've read a conversation kenneth culver had about
> his efforts,
> and from what I can tell mmap2 is implemented in -CURRENT - but not
> in -STABLE.
> Is there any way I can grab the -CURRENT version of the linuxulator, or
> cut'n'paste the changes kenneth made, and get mmap2 working? I had found, and
> later lost, kenneths record of changes he made to the linuxulator - if anyone
> can point me to them I would appreciate that as well.
>
> thanks,
> -Reid

The changes I made back then weren't that complicated, but I'm not sure they
actually helped the software I was working on run or not. I found out later
that software worked fine with or without mmap2, but worked slightly faster
with it. I don't have a copy of the patches I made back then either. I might be
able to get a copy of the 4.9 source and make a patch there without testing it
if you're interested. If you have any knowledge of C, however, it wouldn't be
that hard to duplicate the changes that were made in -CURRENT.

Ken