Building Linux Programs on 5.2

Marcel Moolenaar marcel at xcllnt.net
Sat Feb 14 09:25:48 PST 2004

On Sat, Feb 14, 2004 at 08:48:31PM +1000, John Duncan wrote:
>    However I have a problem with the Linux base ports.The version 7 and
> 8 ports both fail when fetching XFree86-dev and the 6 version which gets
> this rpm has too old a glibc for Poplog. I tried to install the Debian
> port but it also fails to fetch some unrelated files and aborts.
>    Is this just bad timing or do others have these problems? Would an
> update of the whole port system help?

I happened to fetch all three of them yesterday with the latest ports
tree. This included linux_devtools as well. 6 installed fine (both
ports). 7 installed fine after manually removing the remnants of 6
(both ports).  8 didn't install (linux_base) because it tried to mknod
null in ${WRKDIR}, which failed. So, yes I think it helps to update the
ports tree.

FYI,

 Marcel Moolenaar	  USPA: A-39004		 marcel at xcllnt.net