kern/68079: linux ibm jdk 1.4.1 fails with: JVMLH050: Signal stack registration failed (errno=22)

Georg-W. Koltermann gwk at rahn-koltermann.de
Fri Aug 6 13:20:36 PDT 2004

The following reply was made to PR kern/68079; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: "Georg-W. Koltermann" <gwk at rahn-koltermann.de>
To: freebsd-gnats-submit at FreeBSD.org
Subject: Re: kern/68079: linux ibm jdk 1.4.1 fails with: JVMLH050: Signal
	stack registration failed (errno=22)
Date: Fri, 06 Aug 2004 22:19:41 +0200

 Update: The IBM JRE can be made to work by setting IBM_NOLDT=1 in the
 environment.  So the remaining problem is definitely a problem with our
 LDT usage, conflicting with Linux emulation.

 I assume the port could be fixed by installing a wrapper script which
 sets this.  Or at least we could add a message to the port asking the
 user to do it.

 As a prereq we still have to apply the patch from this PR, to get around
 the first problem.  So could someone with a commit bit please commit it?

 Tnx, Georg.