Crossover Office?

Mike O'Brien obrien at rush.aero.org
Thu Sep 11 14:06:11 PDT 2003

	Has anyone managed to get Crossover Office 2.0.1 running
under either FreeBSD-STABLE or FreeBSD-CURRENT?  We managed to
get Crossover Office 1.2 sort of running under -STABLE but it
has problems.  Crossover Office 2.0.1 won't run, coming up with
various errors such as "Can't write to registry: argument conversion
failed: 1!=0" and "Can't create icons directory: ''" (that's two
single quotes, i.e. a null path).

	We'd really love to disentangle ourselves from using
Citrix and the corporate NT servers.  Is there work underway to
get the linux-base up to snuff?

	We tried linux_base-7.1 and linux_base-8.  We also ran
the distribution on a Red Hat box to make sure it worked (it
did).

	Anyone else with experiences to share?  I checked the
archives of this list and came up dry.

Mike O'Brien
The Aerospace Corporation