vmware3

mario mario at schmut.com
Wed Oct 1 21:00:42 PDT 2003

i think vmnet0 is linux residue
only vnet1 is used and loaded by rc.d
to use it

i think networking worked something like use custom as a connection type
set /dev/vmnet1 as a device
this should end up as this in the cfg file

ethernet0.present = "TRUE"
ethernet0.connectionType = "custom"
ethernet0.vnet = "/dev/vmnet1"

(optional) i froze the mac for dhcp sanity
ethernet0.address = "00:50:56:1e:ad:b0"

in /usr/local/etc/rc.d/vmware.sh you set whether or not to use bridging
that'll put your nics into promisc

so have it on for bridging or turn it of for nat or none
any kind of natting you do yourself ipnat or whatever

took me a while, too
have fun
also check out the docs in ...share/doc/vmware

mario;>

- - - - - - - -   House Of Sites   - - - - - - - -
Web Design :: Programming :: Hosting :: Maintenance

Web site: http://www.HouseOfSites.net
Email: mario at HouseOfSites.net
Tel: 415-242-3376

Do you schmut!?