vmware 3.0 upgrade

Dr. Richard E. Hawkins hawk at slytherin.ds.psu.edu
Sun Dec 14 11:15:54 PST 2003

On Sat, Dec 06, 2003 at 02:06:02PM -0800, Randy Bush wrote:
> i currently own vmware 2 and need to upgrade to 3.x in order to
> support an xp virtual guest.  freebsd does not support vmware 4.x,
> and i can find no vmware 3.x boxes for sale.
>
> but i found amazon has a vmware 3.0 upgrade box
>
> <http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B00005UWEU/qid=1070747728//ref=sr_8_xs_ap_i5_xgl65/102-2265609-7197720?v=glance&s=software&n=507846>

> does this handle the license upgrade to 3.0 properly?

The upgrade licences use the old license, and add an additional license
file.  All must be in place.

hawk, who still doesn't have the network working.
--
Richard E. Hawkins, Asst. Prof. of Economics    /"\   ASCII ribbon campaign
dochawk at psu.edu  Smeal 178  (814) 375-4700      \ /   against HTML mail