FDT patch for testing

Andrew Turner andrew at fubar.geek.nz
Tue Nov 18 11:16:36 UTC 2014

I'm looking for a review and testing of the attached fdt patch. It is
from a review at [1].

It updates fdt_get_range to remove the assumption it's parent bus
address is directly usable. Instead it checks if the parent has a
ranges property and looks up the bus address there. If there is no such
property it keeps the existing behaviour.

The two users of this function are the FDT uart and Marvell interrupt
controller. Because it has a chance to stop the uart from woking I
would like it if it could be tested on a few boards before I commit it.
I have tested it on a Pandaboard so would be interested in the results
on other FDT enabled boards.

Andrew

[1] https://reviews.freebsd.org/D1160