BeagleBone-black GPIO pins use on FreeBSD

Rui Paulo rpaulo at felyko.com
Thu May 22 04:32:09 UTC 2014

On May 21, 2014, at 20:45, Luiz Otavio O Souza <loos.br at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've updated the BeagleBone-black Wiki page
> (https://wiki.freebsd.org/FreeBSD/arm/BeagleBoneBlack) with the
> default settings for the GPIO expansion headers on FreeBSD.
>
> It has all the pins used for ADC (AIN), I2C, PWMs and MMC1.
>
> Please let me know if i have missed something.
>
> I hope this saves some time for people who is going to work with GPIO.

This is good, but I always wished some information was present on dmesg.  This could be added to the FDT and printed automatically, e.g.:

i2c1 {
	location = "SDA header P9 pin 18, SCL header P9 pin 17";
};

That would print:

ti_i2c1: SDA header P9 pin 18, SCL header P9 pin 17

If we don't want to put this in the kernel, we could at least put it in a man page.  However, a lot of embedded systems don't even have man pages...

--
Rui Paulo