Creating code slice before disk image in nanobsd

Olivier Cochard-Labbé olivier at cochard.me
Thu Jan 16 04:59:47 UTC 2014

On Wed, Jan 15, 2014 at 8:50 PM, Warren Block <wblock at wonkity.com> wrote:

>> To create the initial MBR, probably already done before the code above:
>   gpart create -s mbr ${MD}
>   gpart bootcode -b ${NANO_WORLDDIR}/boot/boot ${MD}

Regarding the remplacement of boot0cfg by gpart, the exact command that
nanobsd uses is:
NANO_BOOT0CFG="-o packet -s 1 -m 3"
NANO_BOOTLOADER="boot/boot0sio"
boot0cfg -B -b ${NANO_WORLDDIR}/${NANO_BOOTLOADER} ${NANO_BOOT0CFG} ${MD}

A PC Engines WRAP need the NANO_BOOT0CFG="-o nopacket" for booting.

Does gpart bootcode support all these boot0cfg options too ? (I didn't find
it in the man page).

Regards,

Olivier