Creating code slice before disk image in nanobsd

Ian Smith smithi at nimnet.asn.au
Wed Jan 15 17:04:23 UTC 2014

On Wed, 15 Jan 2014 07:53:08 -0700, Warner Losh wrote:

 > I'll take a look at things... It isn't obvious at first blush this is
 > the right thing to do, but I need to think about it a bit...
 >
 > Warner

Perhaps an aside, but I'm pretty sure Warren (cc'd) has said that gpart
can do anything that fdisk AND bsdlabel can do?  If that's so, and the
object here is to deprecate fdisk, why not also replace these lines:

+
+	bsdlabel -w -B -b ${NANO_WORLDDIR}/boot/boot ${MD}
+	bsdlabel ${MD}
+

with their gpart equivalents?

(and no, I don't know what those should be in this context)

cheers, Ian