Dlink DIR-825 B1 trial

Lev Serebryakov lev at FreeBSD.org
Thu Sep 19 20:37:11 UTC 2013

Hello, Adrian.

You wrote 19 сентября 2013 г., 23:27:20:

AC> Maybe I'll do that with 10-ALPHA1 and report back how things break.
  I've tried to boot 10-ALPHA1 VBox instance (with custom VBox-tailored
 kernel, with minimal set of drivers, but with NFS client, and, also, AHCI
 and CAM, on amd64) with 32Mb -- it fails on allocating memory for both AHCI and
 ACPI on early boot and hangs.

   64Mb fails to run /bin/sh (out of memory, no swap) in early stages of
 rc (setting entropy sources) and paniced as it was not able to run
 signgle-user /bin/sh too.

   128Mb runs (only basic set of daemons -- cron, sshd, syslogd, ntpd,
   dhclient, devd, one getty for console, and it's all).

   Ok, 96Mb? Works.

   80Mb? devd is killed -- out of swap space, dhclient is killed.

--
// Black Lion AKA Lev Serebryakov <lev at FreeBSD.org>