Making Picostation m2HP work

hiren panchasara hiren.panchasara at gmail.com
Sun Jul 14 19:13:09 UTC 2013

On Fri, Jul 12, 2013 at 1:58 PM, Adrian Chadd <adrian at freebsd.org> wrote:
> cool.
>
> So step #1 - what kind of SoC is it (7241) and wifi (ar9280) ?
>
> The SoC dictates which base config we "copy" when we build the kernel.
>
> The important bits for these SoCs are:
>
> * which SoC
> * for AR91xx/AR71xx - which ethernet switch and how it's wired up; the
> AR933x and AR724x have an internet switch so there's only one config
> * how much RAM
> * what's the flash layout - important for generating the image and
> populating the hints table with the flash layout
>
> But let's focus on getting a kernel netbooting first..

Build kernel.AP91 with your buildscripts and trying to tftpboot the
board with that but getting following errors in /var/log/messages on
my tftpserver (my laptop)

flymockour-l7 in.tftpd[11247]: tftpd: oack: Host is down - when I do
"tftpboot 0x80050000 kernel.AP91" and tftp transfer never gets done
(keeps timing out)

I am not sure what this means but I will try putting switch in-between
my laptop and the board and see if I can make this thing to work.

Anybody with some clue what this means?

Thanks,
Hiren