FreeBSD on ASUS, TP-Link and D-Link routers?

Luiz Otavio O Souza lists.br at gmail.com
Tue Jul 2 14:32:19 UTC 2013

On 2 July 2013 02:52, Zeus Panchenko <zeus at ibs.dn.ua> wrote:

> Luiz Otavio O Souza <lists.br at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > I've successfully used TP-Link MR3220 and MR3420 this way.
> >

> thanks for the point
>
> what I in general want from the issue is more or less "common"
> necessities of small (2-10 workplaces) office
>
> and it includes:
>
> - vi
> - pf
> - PPPoE
> - hostapd
> - OpenVPN
> - bsnmpd
> - network utilities
>   netstat, ifconfig, route, tcpdump
> - some optional tools
> -- mtr
> -- nrpe
> -- sendmail
> -- tmux/screen
> - anything I missed :)
>
> so, what are the chances to build image with these?

The chances are quite good, it's just a time consuming thing right now.

Without proper cross building of ports, you need to build everything in
native mode, which could take a while depending on your hardware but other
than that it 'just works'.

I'm hoping to get crochet working for generating such images (an usb memory
stick and a suitable flash kernel image).

Luiz