FreeBSD on ASUS, TP-Link and D-Link routers?

Adrian Chadd adrian at freebsd.org
Mon Jul 1 19:46:09 UTC 2013

On 1 July 2013 12:03, Zeus Panchenko <zeus at ibs.dn.ua> wrote:
> Adrian Chadd <adrian at freebsd.org> wrote:
>
>> if it has an ar71xx, ar724x or ar913x SoC, with 32mb of RAM or more,
>> and 8mb flash or more .. yes.
>
> thanks much,  many of them are ar71xx based

Right. Well, I've done most of the heavy lifting. The build scripts
aren't at all polished like openwrt but they're enough for me to run
my own test APs at home.

So if you'd like to take a crack at bringing up FreebSD on one of the
devices, please feel free to grab one, get a serial console going,
then ask questions on the -embedded mailing list. I'm happy to help
someone implement board support!

-adrian