Current status of TL-WR1043ND

Harm Weites harm at weites.com
Mon Jun 4 21:23:41 UTC 2012

Hi list,

back in november Adrian Chadd posted his patches to make the TL-WR1043ND
run FreeBSD, causing some interesting list-traffic. I'd like to load BSD
on the little box, but I'm left with some questions after reading the
archived messages (and I'm hoping some stuff got fixed/sorted in the
past 6 months):

- What is the status of the 4 port switch, is it seen (and usable) as a
bridge device?
- Has anyone tried doing some packetfilter stuff with it?
- Could anyone give some pointers on getting OpenSSH, bsnmpd, radvd into
the mfsroot?
- Stefan Bethke stated the image should probably be able to be loaded
using the TL-webinterface, has anyone done that?
- The scripts Adrian supplied configure a static ip on the bridge
interface, adding telnetd_enable=yes to rc.conf should start telnetd
after boot, right? (allowing one to login from a switch-connected
device, thus making it a little less neccesary to connect the serial
console)

My goal would be to have the 1043ND act as router+ap+switch, configure
some vlans, running pf, add an ipv6 tunnel, have radvd running, snmpd
for reading pf stats and using ssh for administration.

Best regards,
Harm