tplink TL-WR1043ND access point is now ready (was Re: svn commit: r227926 - head/sys/mips/conf)

Adrian Chadd adrian at freebsd.org
Sat Nov 26 01:44:19 UTC 2011

On 26 November 2011 09:22, Nenhum_de_Nos <matheus at eternamente.info> wrote:

> is there a way to make it have ufs ?
> and any TL-WR1043ND will do, or must have hw version of some specific number ?

It's a UFS, compressed on the flash. But uzip is read-only, and doing
lots of modifications to a cheap NOR flash is not likely a smart move.
You can attach an FFS formatted flash disk and run a read/write
filesystem on that.

Just keep in mind (and here's something I should write up on the wiki)
that the filesystem endianness is _not_ the same as intel. You can't
just simply create a FS on an intel box and mount it on MIPS. It'd be
nice if someone went over the UFS/FFS code and introduced endian
configurability, but that's definitely not in the scope of my current
work.

That's why I included "newfs" in my build. You can create an MSDOS
partition (or BSD label partition if you'd like) on a USB flash
device, plug it into the tplink, then "newfs" it. I however haven't
added anything into my startup scripts to mount filesystems. Ok,
someone should file an issue in my google code project.

I'm not sure about the hardware revisions. Basically, if the chip
inside is an AR913x (and not an AR933x) then it _should_ work.
I don't think TPLink made a whole lot of different, incompatible board
revisions of the 1043nd.

Thanks!

Adrian