[CFT][patch]cfi driver support for NOR flash arrays

Marcel Moolenaar xcllnt at mac.com
Tue Mar 15 18:32:39 UTC 2011

On Mar 14, 2011, at 8:09 AM, Aleksandr Rybalko wrote:

> Hi, all.
>
> proposed patch add support of NOR flash arrays to cfi driver
> http://my.ddteam.net/files/2011-03-11_cfi_flash_array_support.patch

Hi Aleksandr,

The patch is interesting, but combines a whole bunch of different
changes. Some of the changes are similar to the fixes we have at
Juniper ourselves, so getting the driver sync'd up is a good idea.
Not to mention that we have added support for the SPI interface.

Just a quick question: is an array different from 2 independent
CFI devices on the same bus? I mean: can we support an array by
having 2 driver instances?

Thanks,

--
Marcel Moolenaar