Hang with ZERO_COPY_SOCKETS or TCP_SIGNATURE enabled? (was: system locks up with vr driver on alix board)

Ask Bjørn Hansen ask at develooper.com
Sat Aug 20 23:59:02 UTC 2011

On Aug 17, 2011, at 7:52, Ask Bjørn Hansen wrote:

> Grasping at straws here, but when enabling BREAK_TO_DEBUGGER I noticed that the kernel had ZERO_COPY_SOCKETS and TCP_SIGNATURE enabled.  I disabled those, "just in case".

Hi everyone,

Thanks again for your help and hints getting this fixed for me.

I just wanted to send an update that those kernel options seemed to be the ticket to make it stable again.  I haven't had it hang since disabling IPSEC, ZERO_COPY_SOCKETS and TCP_SIGNATURE (I wasn't using md5 signatures, having any ipsec sessions or to my knowledge running any applications that'd be using zero copy sockets).

 - ask