Creating New Cross-Compiled Build Target

Warner Losh imp at bsdimp.com
Thu Oct 14 21:44:13 UTC 2010

In message: <AANLkTimG2NzDvZZc71+F2J6SS9uBQSV8U0izvnr5A1rv at mail.gmail.com>
            Matthew Schnall <matt.schnall at gmail.com> writes:
: I am  a student at CMU taking a OS project course
: (www.cs.cmu.edu/~412). My project is creating a port of freeBSD to the
: new Tilera chips. The chip has a mips like architecture. There is a
: gcc cross compiler from x86 to the tilera assembly.  I was curious if
: someone could help guide me through the steps to create a new
: cross-compiled target within the freeBSD build infrastructure.

There's lots of people that are interested in doing a port to Tilera.

I'd start with 'setenv TARGET tilera' and 'setenv TARGET_ARCH tilera'
and then 'make buildworld' and fix what breaks.

Chances are good you'll need some WIP that I have to support
out-of-tree toolchains...

Warner